I only just arrived back from a vacation across the states. From Virginia where I live to L.A. California. Of course we made stops along the way and the entire trip took about two to three weeks. Weeks that I'm going to backtrack on and fill you in on before I start blogging to you about the more mundane things that go on in my life. Not that that can't be interesting either.
We left on July 3rd.
No wait I need to backtrack more than that.
June 29th 2009.
I left for camp. Spent a week there. Wasn't very exciting to say the least. 4-H camp. I'm a counselor there. Had to take care of a room of seven girls. Except six of them came from the same county and knew each other, the seventh did not. She dressed kind of darkly. You'd have thought she was an emo if not for the rest of her friends. She moved out before the second night we'd slept. Or at least, they moved her to a room with her friends. Of course her friends had to keep torturing me and my room. They always seemed to want to pester us and ask my girls if they were glad that the other girl was gone. Unfortunately that wasn't all that happened. Later in the week on of the six girl I had left ended up moving to another room as well. Seems there had been some kind of misunderstanding between her and the rest of the girls in my room. Not that I had been around when it happened. Oh no it happened during the kind of free time we get during the middle of the day.
July 3rd, 2009.
Anyway that nightmare ended on Friday July the 3rd when I got to go home. Or at least go home for five minutes without sleeping in my own bed even one night before being dragged back into a car and out on the road for our first long, long day of travel towards the Grand Canyon in Arizona our main goal for the trip as a whole. Both me and my brother fell asleep in the car for a little while that first day. That night we stayed somewhere in Tennessee as I recall. It might seem like we didn't get far, but believe me Tennessee is a REALLY long state. It took us half the next day to get out of it.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Back from Vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment